After care Instructions for All Wooden Furniture:
- How to look after your wooden furniture,
- Moisture and heat can damage any wood finish. Protect your furniture by using coasters. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid dragging sharp or rough objects across the surface of your wood furniture. Use adhesive felt pads, trivets, coasters and placemats to help prevent scratches
- Wood will expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes. Maintain consistent humidity levels to minimize movement in the wood and prevent warping.
- Over time, air and sunlight will change the colour of natural wood. Where possible rotate the items placed on your wood furniture to allow a more uniform colour to develop. Expose table leaves to the same amount of air and sunlight as your table.
Lacquer, Paint or Stain
Lacquered, painted or stained wood is susceptible to scratches. Use adhesive felt pads,, coasters and placemats to protect your furniture.
Use a slightly damp cloth to clean as needed. Wipe dry.
For persistent spots, gently clean with a soft cloth and a solution of water and mild detergent. Wipe dry.
Do not use cleaning products containing ammonia, alcohol or petroleum.
Avoid furniture polish as it can accumulate over time and leave a residue.
Oil-and-Wax or Oiled
Use a slightly damp cloth to clean as needed. Wipe dry..